Regardless of your expertise, having a website is critical for your business.
According to a recent survey almost 22 million Australians are using the internet to make purchases.
If you’re a tradie wanting to reach more customers in your targeted locations, having a website will undoubtedly help grow your business and revenue.
Trades business is one of the most lucrative businesses in Australia. With the average of $90,246.55 per year – there is no doubt that if you’re a tradie, you’ll absolutely earn more if you have a business website.
If you are a tradesman, eager to bring your business to the next level, as you have a family to feed, employees to pay, and clients to support – just like Elon Musk, Richard Branson, Sabri Suby and the rest of the most successful people in the world, there is nothing you won’t do to scale your business.
Tradies have the Forward-Thinking Trading mindset which sets them apart. Accompanying this mindset with a website that is optimised to convert prospects into leads and sales – is indeed the surest way to bring your business to the next level of success.
So What are the major benefits of having a website?
#1. Adds Credibility
When you have a website, people can see your work and know who you are. When someone sees that your work is credible, they will be more likely to trust your business, and prefer you over your competitors.
Having a website allows you to showcase your work, integrity and credibility. Most of your competitors offer the same services that you do, and one way to stand out from them is to showcase what makes your business unique & credible on your website.
For example, if you offer a lifetime warranty, or 20% discount to repeat customers – if you have a professional website, you would be able to showcase these unique selling propositions.
And because it’s your website, there is no limit as to what you can do with it. You can fully customise it, and make it fully interactive as much as you like.
Some of the ways to make your website look credible are:
- Adding badges, for example a warranty badge, and years of experience badge.
- Adding a chat support box. You can use drift, olark, intercom or FB messenger as a chat support tool.
- Adding client’s testimonials
- Adding a video of your team at work or simply images of your team wearing professional suit
- Adding your completed projects
- Adding information about your business history
- Showcasing your products or services
- Adding a phone number and email address to the header or footer of your website
#2. Helps You Get More Leads
A website is not just about letting people know that your business exists. It can actually be a powerful platform for you to reach more prospects, get more leads, and increase your business’s revenue. If you own a good website, there is nothing you cannot do in terms of converting visitors to clients.
What if I tell you that your website can be an advertising manifesto that can bring in leads to your business 24/7?
There is no shortcut or magic pill to getting people to visit your website. In fact, it requires hard work, good strategy, good design, and a fully optimised web page – but if you have the right team to help you, getting the number of leads you thought you could never get is not impossible at all.
Ways to get more leads through your website:
- Optimise your website for SEO and dominate google’s first page. Google has over 94% market share in Australia, and it is expected to grow. With a solid SEO, getting your preferred clients is made easier.
- Run Google Ads and appear on Google’s first page 24/7.
- Use social media marketing. According to Sensis, over 15 million Australians are using facebook on a daily basis.
- Use video marketing. Using videos on advertisements is becoming highly popular and this is expected to increase as the years go by.
#3. Showcase Your Promos
If you offer a product or a service, chances are your competitors do the same. If you want to beat them, showcasing your promos on your website is a way to go!
If you are a synthetic grass installer for example, you’d want to offer promos like:
- 20% discounts on bulk orders
- 10% off for repeat customers
- 5% off for new customers
- No interest-free finance
- Free installation design consultation
- Free onsite-quotes
Note: The space you can use to promote your business and special offers are limitless if you own a professional website.
#4. Increases Visibility
Visibility is one of the most important factors for a website. What does visibility mean? Visibility can be defined as whether or not your site appears in search engine results pages (SERPS). It’s how many people are able to find and visit your site when they do an online search on Google, Yahoo!, Bing, etc.
We know how a website can help you increase your visibility. We’ve helped other businesses or individuals like yourself take their website to the next level and have found that it is not difficult but does require some time, patience, knowledge of what works for search engines, and creativity to get the best website possible.
What are the factors that affect a site’s visibility?
– What is your domain name and web address (URL)? Having an easy to remember, memorable URL will help. Furthermore, you want to register for the right domain extension (.com.au vs .info) so it looks more credible in search engine results pages.
– Who is your target market? You need to know your website audience, what they want and who you are trying to attract. This will help give the website a direction that will increase visibility. The website should also incorporate keywords and phrases about you, what you do, and where you are located so your target market can find your business easily just by doing an internet search.
– How many keywords does your content include? Optimizing website pages or posts for the right keywords will help with website visibility. Spend time researching what people type into a search engine to find your site. There are tools that you can use such as SEMrush and Ahrefs.
– What is the quality of your website’s design and layout? The website needs to be designed by someone who understands website design, and knows the technical aspects of things like hosting, website content management systems (CMS), and website marketing.
You should have a website contact form, quote form or other options for people to stay in touch and interact on your website. This can increase website traffic by giving people something they want every time they visit. It is also very important that your website be mobile and user friendly.
– How do you plan out your content? The website should have an appropriate “voice” for its content. Doing this can be done through blog posts or other types of written content on the site. Create content that answers questions that run through your prospects mind when they are looking for a specific product or service.
For example, if you are offering artificial turf, what are the most common challenges of the turf buyers? What are the most common questions that run through their minds if they want to purchase turf? Of course they want to know the cost, the speed of delivery, the quality of the turf, and even the features of turf. In your content, it’s best to address these queries.
The more queries you can address for your prospects, the bigger your chance to be preferred by both Google and your target customers.
#5. Makes your Business Popular
The most successful and popular businesses have a website. For example, Tesla, Canva, Amazon and many more.
If you do have a website that you optimise regularly, by adding fresh and informative content that you or others can share with other platforms, your chance of getting popular is extremely high.
Tradies who own a website will more likely get popular and get even more leads compared to tradies who don’t. It doesn’t cost you that much to own a decent and professional website. If you are a small business owner you can have a customised website for as low as $1,500.
If you need help, We Help Tradies are here for you! We exist because we know there are small businesses that require our expertise.
#6. Allows You to Communicate with Your Prospects & Clients
There are a handful of ways to communicate with your clients and the most effective way is through your website.
People communicate best with words, so using them on your website is a great way to communicate with your prospects and customers. This can be done by including an “about” section where you detail the company’s history, why you’re in business, who are your clients, what you offer, and what makes you stand out.
Another great way to communicate on a website is by providing testimonials from past clients and reviews from current ones—these can be prominently displayed under the “about” or “contact” section.
Drop-down menus under each service can organize options and make it easier for people to find what they’re looking for, while providing a visual map of the website’s services that are available in an easy-to-understand format.
You can also communicate with your visitors through your video content, and images!
#7. Allows You to Express Your Ideas
A website is a powerful tool for achieving your goals. Adding good content to your website allows you to express your ideas. If your ideas are meaningful and truly resonate with your target market, it can create remarkable connections.
Once you tap the gateways to connect with your prospects, your chance of turning them into a raving fan, and eventually clients is extremely high.
Another ways to express your ideas in your website are through creating video content and showcasing your projects.
A business website makes it very easy for people to find you, read up about your company, discover what you do, and find out if you are a good fit for their needs.
Having a business website also allows people to easily purchase from your business online without having to go anywhere else. It’s like having an online store that is always open!
A business website that is optimised for conversion can work like a 24/hour money machine for both small and large businesses.
So how do you get started?
Book your free consultation today with We Help Tradies’ owner and experience the difference we can bring to your business!