Google’s first page is the place to be if you seriously want to dominate your competitors, get more leads and bring your business to the next level. However, with so many businesses competing against each other, how can you beat your main competitors?
According to ibisworld, the outlook of concreter’s market size is $10bn from 2020 – 2025. Figures do not lie!
So if you’re a business owner struggling to get leads even if you’re already using a digital marketing agency here are the tips to help you.
#1 – Fully Optimised your Website for Google SERPs
You want to make friends with Google, right? So the best place to optimise your business is for Google SERPs.
Google currently holds more than 94% market share in Australia. Not all tradies know that, why? Because only the ones that truly care tell the truth.
Google is the most popular search engine in the world. It has been that way for many years, and it will probably be that way for a long time to come. With how much power Google holds over how people find information on the internet, it would make sense to optimize your tradie website for this search engine right?
Let’s get started…
The first part of the optimisation process can take up to 6 weeks and is worth the time as it has a direct impact on your ranking in Google’s search engine results pages (SERPs). When optimising your website for SEO purposes, you need to make sure that all of the code on your site is optimised for search engine crawlers.
There are a few steps you can take to ensure that the search engine crawls all of the pages and index them appropriately, which will increase page rank in organic listing results:
- Submit an XML sitemap to show important content and links to Google.
- Include page URLs on the website in a clear and accessible way, such as using H tags for heading content.
- Make sure you create title tags that are relevant to your keywords, content, and other tags.
- Set pages to no-index if you do not want Google to crawl them.
- If you are changing links, make sure to do 301 redirects.
- Optimise the keywords on your website. In order to optimise the keywords on your pages, you want to make sure that it’s optimised with relevant terms in order to attract more visitors and eventually get more leads. You can use Google planner or other platforms like SEMrush, Ahrefs, Ubersuggest to check available keywords for your specific niche.
- Ensure that your meta description optimises keywords while also providing value to visitors. Meta descriptions are used by search engine crawlers in helping them understand what is relevant for indexing purposes.
- Make sure that your website is optimised for fast loading times. Website performance issues matter a lot, as it can seriously affect the website visitor’s experience. Taking too long to load will cause people to abandon your site; website visitors will not want to come back and they might spread poor reviews about your website, which could lead to lower website performance. Slow moving websites can also put Google off.
Website performance affects businesses in several ways, including business and user acquisition. If your website loads quickly and is usable to visitors, you’ll have happy customers who might come back for more. Happy users will most likely recommend your website to their friends and family which translates into new customers!
Website performance can be split into three components:
– Load time – how long it takes for your website to start loading.
– Page speed – the actual overall speed of the website’s pages and images.
– User experience – how well do website visitors interact with your website? Some website features, like video content or Flash games, might require specific optimisations.
Note: Make sure that you are optimising the most important pages of your website, such as homepage, about us, and services pages too.
#2 – Create a Mobile Friendly Version of your Website
Recent survey’s reveal that there are over 32.5 million mobile subscribers in Australia. Hence, optimising your website for mobile users is critical.
What could be displayed on a computer screen for a wireframe or mockup is not always what is visible on a smartphone. It is important that your website be mobile friendly, so it won’t be a hassle for the visitors to read your content. This includes the size of the fonts and where certain buttons are placed.
Google has updated its Mobile-Friendly algorithm which means all websites must now be optimised for smartphones or the site will be penalised.
One of the ranking factors is mobile-friendliness of a website. This update will affect your search engine ranking, making it difficult to rank on top 10 searches if you have an outdated or non-mobile friendly site.
A big change will be made by Google in the near future on how they rank search engine results for mobile devices. With this upcoming update, websites having a responsive design (mobile friendly) will be ranked higher in search engine results than websites with a separate mobile version.
The numbers speak for themselves and are expected to continue increasing in the near future. If you want your website to be found easily on Google, it is important that you make sure it’s mobile friendly!
#3 – Create User-friendly Website
User Friendly Websites are the most important for any organization. Truly user-friendly websites are not just good looking, but also easy to use and understand.
There are a lot of web designers today who create visually stunning websites which look great, but are hard to navigate and do not meet the basic needs of your users. A well designed User Friendly Website should:
1. The first step in creating a user-friendly website is to understand the needs of your target audience. Who are they? What do they want from you and what do you have that can benefit them?
A good web designer wouldn’t just focus on making your site look cool and attractive but would also take into consideration who will be using it and what their needs are. Your website is an investment for you and your organization, make sure it meets the needs of its users.
2. Provide ample site security and privacy control to protect confidential information and authenticate user identity.
3. The website should also give users the power to control how their personal information is used and shared by them; The websites that don’t provide a secure environment may expose your business/user sensitive data which may lead to bad consequences for you.
4. Your user should be able to find information, products or services quickly and easily; The layout should be friendly to search engines as they can perform better when crawling your site. Pages on your website should contain accurate titles, tags and descriptions of pages/products/services.
5. The website should be easy to navigate; This means that your users can find what they are looking for with the least amount of effort and in a user friendly manner. Creating good website structure is the key if you want Google to easily find the pages you want to rank for.
6. Your user should feel confident that they can contact your business if there is a problem or concern. Do not forget to add a phone number or email address to your website. If you create an easy to navigate website having clear information available then users will be more inclined to contact you for a quote and even book your service.
7. Your site must be updated at least once a month with new and fresh content, adding value for your users by improving your services; This helps in building a good rapport with your users and will give good impressions to Google.
8. You need to ensure that the design of your websites meets all standards of accessibility, making it accessible not just for people using PCs but also for the visually impaired and people using text-only Web browsers.
9. Your website should be able to support conversion; Conversion means that your website is able to convert its visitors into customers, buyers etc. This can only be done with a clear navigation system and a good flow of information provided on the site. A well designed User Friendly Website NOT only looks good, but also provides all the above mentioned benefits.
#4 – Add Videos to Your Website
If you’re looking for a way to increase your user engagement and drive more traffic, adding videos to your website is a way to go! According to the study from Gigya, adding videos to your website can make up for half the abandonment rate.
The Gigya study found that adding a video increased user engagement by 600%. That means they were more likely to stay on the page!
In addition, video content is very much in demand these days. A lot of people want to have video on their web pages just like the big names including Facebook, Yahoo and Google. In fact, there are so many websites that even started hosting videos for free or with paid subscriptions. YouTube was one of those sites. With an increasing number of people using videos, adding one, two or more to your site can be an excellent way of reaching out to more customers and engaging them.
With more and more people coming online every year, there is a bigger demand for video content than ever before. In fact, according to recent studies, the number of people using the Internet has doubled in just two years. The ability to add videos to your site is not just limited to large corporations and big-name websites. It is now possible for small businesses to use video marketing as a tool for creating content that appeals directly to your target market.
The findings of some recent studies suggest that adding videos on a website can greatly improve its search engine ranking. This has been proven by an experiment that was conducted by the University of Minnesota.
Online video is poised to explode in popularity, especially with so many events now being streamed live on the Internet. This makes it a great asset for your business if you want to draw more traffic and increase revenue. If you invest in online video marketing, it can give a big boost to your website on search engines like Google.
Videos can be an excellent way of promoting your business. In fact, if you have the means to invest aggressively in creating videos, you could even get more customers within a short time. It is essential that you spend some time thinking about your target audience because how they receive and react to videos on the Internet may not be the same as that on television.
Videos are a great way of developing brand awareness. As tradies, you can create videos of the “before and after” look of the project you are working on. You can also record a video of your team on the job site. Make sure that your team looks professional.
If you want to add more impact and value, you can also ask your customers to create a testimonial video for your business. Do this as soon as the project is complete. Happy and satisfied customers will be so happy to create video testimonials for you.
#5 – Add reviews to your website
It is important for website owners to have testimonials from customers on their website. A website without customer reviews can easily be interpreted as a website that does not provide quality services, or has something to hide. Reviews also help potential clients know what your business offers and how happy previous clients are with the results of your services.
Website testimonials are great for building trust with your target market, and will make them more likely to convert. If you do not have reviews on your website that show how happy clients were with the services they received from your team, potential customers might feel hesitant about using your products or services because they don’t know what to expect.
Website testimonials can help potential customers feel more certain about your company because they know that previous clients were satisfied with the services you’ve provided.
Website testimonials are a great way to show website visitors your company’s credibility and value in the market, as positive reviews can help them feel more certain about engaging with your business.
Website owners should have customer reviews on their website to build trust with website visitors, and help them feel more confident about using your products or services.
Reviews are the core basics of any website. The reason why people read reviews is that they want to know what others think about your product or service. If you want to add more value and credibility to your business, add Google, Facebook or other review platforms to your webpages, then create a backlink to each platform.
#6 – Add images to your website
Images are great for conveying your messages and also add personality with the right choice. Great images stimulate emotion, and it is important to find the right ones that resonate most with your target audience.
Benefits of adding images to website:
- Adding images to a website is important for both SEO and increased user experience.
- Images help Google understand what the page should be about, so your site will rank better in its index if you include them.
- Using images can also increase conversion rates because they make information more engaging and easier to process.
- When users are on your site, they’re more likely to stay longer and click through if there’s an image accompanying the text.
- Customise Images or graphics can help you convey what actions you want users to take.
The best way to showcase great images to your website is by adding them to the gallery page, or to the pages you want to rank for. For example, if you are a concreter, you want to showcase your images on your gallery, and in the concrete services page. Adding the before and after album will not only offer a great impression to your prospects but will even convince them to use your service on their next concreting project.
#7 – Add Calls To Action To Your Website
It is not enough for you to just write about how awesome your services are.
If you want prospects to do the next step, putting calls to action to your web pages is critical. Adding a call-to-action page on your website is an important element in converting prospects into customers.
- Calls-to-action provide clear directions for the user so they know where to go next.
- It gives your prospects an idea of what can be done and how it will work.
- Calls-to-action reduces bounce rates as a result of providing them with the information they need.
Now that you know the top secrets on how to get found on Google, it’s your turn to share this blog post, and do the next step. If you’re busy doing all these for your trades business, let the owner of We Help Tradies know by scheduling your free consultation here.